Sunday, June 21, 2009

She loves her daddy!

The picture below was taken earlier this week as Kevin was mowing our grass. It is our little girl blowing a kiss to her daddy as he rounded the corner. This little one loves her daddy so much. But what isn't there to love?! He makes time for her. He loves her unconditionally. He seeks her out. She feels safe with him. He explores with her. He instructs her. He disciplines her. He sings to her. He dances with her. He laughs with her and his heart breaks when hers breaks. It is a joy for me to watch them together. I love that Anna asks to call daddy throughout the workday. But I love even more that her daddy takes the time to talk to her. I love that he chooses to eat lunch with us most days. I love that after a long day at work he comes home and is selfless with his time. I love that going to the pool means spending time with his little girl doing what she wants to do. He is anything but a bystander in raising Anna.
I love that in the midst of trying to cut the grass he will take the time to get her down from the front steps to empty the grass clippings in our neighbor's yard so Anna can see the water fountain she loves. Yet again to show Anna a dandelion.

And to teach her to blow the petals far and wide.
Happy Father's Day Kevin. You make it look easy! Thanks for showing our little one and myself what our Heavenly Father's love looks like.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

trying2notbestupid said...

I agree with Amy, Anna has a good daddy. It will be easier for her to know her Good Daddy because of you Kev.

Melissa said...

this is such a sweet post. and i am loving your pics with that awesome present!!