Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Who she is...

(Life has slowed down a bit and I am hoping to catch-up on the happenings in the Sasser household. I found this post that I had started months ago and never posted. Thought I would just skip it, but this is one of my favorite pictures of Anna. I decided to go ahead with the post and then start moving forward).

She is not our baby anymore but each day is becoming more and more a little girl. She is a talker, a thinker, and a doer. She is spunky yet nurturing. She can be demanding but attentive to others needs. She takes it all in and most of the time can process it all and then retell it in the right context at a later date. She makes life really fun and I am so proud to be her momma!

A few Anna moments (some much older than others, but haven't made it into a post)...

Kevin needs new glasses so back in May he took his current pair with him to a store. Anna began asking questions about his glasses...

Anna: "Daddy, why you got your glasses?"

Kevin: "Because I need new ones."

Anna: "Where'd you get them."

Kevin: "I got them a long time ago."

Anna: "When I was a baby?"

Kevin: "No, before you were born."

Anna: "When I was in Mary's belly?"

Kevin: "Mary? Like Jesus was in Mary's belly?"

Anna: "Yeah!"

Not sure if I have actually documented it or not, but our sweet girl does have two imaginary friends. At times they are more present than others. "Keen" and "Twos" are their name. Not sure where the names came from but we hear lots about these two in our house.

Since May, Anna has been using several transitional words in the right context. I love to see the mind of a little person develop. "Otherwise" and "actually" are two we hear often.

Other phrases that she uses in the right context as well...
"You kidding me, right?" and "You cracking me up." Those two phrases definitely crack us up. Anna also thinks that if you need something done right away or immediate action is required that you just insert the name, "Cate" after the person's first name. I guess this is because we often say, "Anna Cate" to get her attention.

When asked when her birthday is, Anna's response is, "My birthday in Kate May." Yes, her birthday is in May but she responds Kate May because we have a good friend whose name is Kate May.

She doesn't do it as much, but often when given something, Anna will respond with, "Thank you sirma'am." All one word!

Ever since Aiden was born Anna can point out the location of the hospital when we are in the car. A conversation about life and death almost always ensues. Here is just one of them...

Anna: "That's the hospital?"

Me: "Yes"

Anna: "Where we got Aiden and picked up Mommy? Jesus there?" (thought this because she knows Jesus "made" Aiden)

Me: "No, He is in heaven." (Yes, technically He is everywhere but she wanted to actually "see" Jesus)

Anna: "I want to see grandmommy's mommy (she knows my mom's mom is in heaven). Where is heaven? When I die again I'll see her?"

Anytime we refer to heaven she assumes before being here (on earth), she was in heaven. Thus, she has already been dead once and will be dead again. Notice too that often in conversations with Anna that another question comes even before I can answer the first one. There is little silence in our house.

And because Anna can answer many of her own questions she and Aiden actually have a good bit of conversations. Here is a recent favorite one....

Aiden had a shoe and I had just told him, "no touch" and he began to cry. Anna's response as she is gently rubbing his head, "I know it's hard. Its just part of life. Sorry. I'll give you a kiss to love on you."

This exchange captures Anna's heart so well. She does love to love on others.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

melanie said...

Love those stories...reminds me of when Charlie was that age.