Friday, August 27, 2010

The Adults!

We are very close to my mom's side of the family and some of our extended family joined us for part of our lake week. We had a blast together and the best part is they loved on our children well.
Of course two of the adults that are almost always at the lake are Grandmommy and Grandaddy. It is such a blessing that they have made this house so welcoming to our children. Anna has also spent each Tuesday with my mom this summer. They began the summer going to storytime at my parent's church where they would listen to stories and make a craft. Anna was also able to pick out books and DVDs (known as DBDs to Anna) to bring home. Storytime has ended but they still venture back to check-out new books and DVDs as well as for Anna to say, "hello" to some of the new friends she made. Of course she doesn't know a stranger. This week they went to a good friend of my mom's house. They spent time out in her backyard. When Anna got home she shared with me that she had seen a "cardinal, chickadee and chipmunk." My mom's friend let Anna pick out an animal visor to bring home as well as offered her some stickers to bring home. Anna was thrilled with the visor but declined the stickers, politely saying, "she already had some at home." I was shocked but later on that day Anna shared with my mom that she wanted to leave the stickers there so she would have them there for when she returned. I guess they will be going back to see Mrs. Pam! Thanks Grandmommy and grandaddy for loving our two well.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: