Monday, March 16, 2009

Not just one reason to celebrate!

This weekend was my birthday! I was blessed enough to spend the weekend with some of my best friends. They truly celebrated me with yummy cake, streamers, presents, and cards. It was a weekend that I almost missed because of the celebration that will be happening in our home come September! Yes, God is knitting together a fearfully and wonderfully made brother or sister for Anna. But in the process I have not been feeling so well and almost decided to sit this weekend out. I truly believe it was the power of prayer that caused me to be able to go on the weekend and feel amazingly well. God is good and we have seen his goodness as we saw our new little one several weeks ago on an ultrasound. This weekend was one of refreshment for my soul but it was good to return home to a husband and little girl ready to celebrate me as well. Cards decorated by Anna welcomed me on our front door as well as words of affirmation throughout the house from my husband, not to mention a pork tenderloin dinner with sweet potatoes and other favorites.

A most delicious cake created by my dear friend Millie.

Several of my best girlfriends that joined me on this weekend retreat.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Whitney Hannam said...

Yay, I've been checking in all night, it was a fun weekend! What a sweet post...glad to know you've gone public with your exciting news!

Love Being A Nonny said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Happy Birthday...we share the month of March!!! You and your sister will be raising children together...fun!!! So happy for all of you!

Jennifer said...

Congrats! We hope you start feeling better. We will be praying for you, Kevin and Anna. Hang in there! Happy Birthday too!

Nan said...

Congratulations!

Melissa said...

yeah! it was so much fun, and i loved being able to celebrate with you!

Sara said...

very exciting, amy. i am thankful you got to celebrate your birthday with special friends...and then with a special family.

Laura said...

AMY-
You are so sneaky!!! I am so excited for you, Kevin & Anna! Yaay! A new little Sasser.

Love you all very much!!

Laura

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful weekend, Amy! SOOO glad the prayers got you to a healthy place where you could enjoy it so much. We're also excited about your new little one. There are a LOT of new babies on the way this fall! How fun!

heather ann said...

Happy belated birthday & congratulations!! That's so exciting! I'll be praying for a healthy pregnancy. What day are you due? I have a new nephew coming in September...babies everywhere! Thought of Kevin this past weekend as Jeremy & I were looking at some property in Fredericksburg, VA.