Sunday, March 29, 2009

Clip, Clip!

A year ago if you had asked me if I used coupons I would have told you no, for many reasons. One, because it is simply too time consuming and then more importantly the frustration of not having the coupon you need when you are at a store or forgetting to use the coupon. However, in the past year I have developed a love relationship with coupons, well maybe a love/hate relationship. The thrill of shopping with coupons and getting a super deal, especially during Harris Teeter's triple coupons has turned into a challenge, not to mention it is the topic of conversation amongst us moms. Last Wednesday, triple coupons started at Harris Teeter and is running until this Tuesday. I had decided that I wanted to get all my trips taken care of before the weekend. The tricky part is that you can only use 20 coupons per day or at least 20 coupons that are going to triple. By Friday I had three trips in and I felt as though I was set. I decided I would possibly make one last trip Monday or Tuesday, until I learned of the Kellogg's deal that seemed too good to be true. Thus, today I made two more trips to Harris Teeter. Below are pictures of my purchases from today as well as the total cost of each of the groceries.

Total: $10.46
However, if you buy 8 Kellogg's Frosted Mini Wheats (any flavor) a rebate coupon for $10.00 will print out. You simply send them your address with the printout and they send you a $10 rewards card. Thus, once I receive my $10 rewards I will have spent a total of $.46 on the above groceries (under a $1.00, even if you add the $.42 needed for the postage to send in the rebate). Not to mention that along with the $10.00 reward, THREE milk coupons, each redeemable for a gallon of milk, any brand, any flavor up to $4.69 printed out as well. Yes, you are reading this right. I made money on this trip to the grocery store.

Total: $12.68
The exact same scenario as above applies. I received the THREE free milk coupons as well as the rebate for the $10.00 reward. Essentially, only $2.68 was spent and we will have free milk for multiple weeks!

It is not too late for you too to have a lifetime supply of Kellogg's Mini Wheats! At any given time we have over 20 boxes of cereal in our pantry. Thus, today we are approaching over 40 boxes of cereal in our house. But I will say, it will get eaten. Anyone want to come over for breakfast?!

How to get this deal:

Buy 8 Kellogg's Frosted Mini Wheats @ 3.39 each $27.12
B1G1 -$13.56
Less: 8 $1.00 off blinkies (in HT cereal aisle, blinkies are the coupons that are in the automatic dispensers) -$ 8.00

Total due: **$5.56** But you will receive the printout for the $10.00 reward card and 3 free coupons for a gallon of milk each.

I am sure I will make at least one more trip to Harris Teeter in the next two days. I have about 10 more coupons I would like to use. Maybe I will see you there! But beware in my last transaction of the day the checkout lady tried to keep my Kellogg's rebate. I was in disbelief. The rebate prints before your receipt and before your milk coupons and she discretely folded it up and stuck it in her other hand. Thankfully, this was my second time partaking in the deal and I knew the Kellogg's rebate printed first, then your receipt and finally the three milk coupons. You can be sure Harris Teeter will be receiving an email from me! Happy couponing and happy shopping!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

millie smith said...

oh the love/hate. i'm so glad you got the cookie mixes. i've gotten denied twice now on those tripling from the internet printables. silly new policies ;)

Whitney Hannam said...

Whew-this wears me out, Amy, will you really eat 40 boxes of cereal??? We would have to store them under our bed in our tiny house. I was excited to get two boxes of cereal yesterday for 50 cents each using my triple kix and cheerios coupons-2 is plenty for us, :)

Yes, fun...fun...the triple couponing days!

Love ya,
Whit

melanie said...

Wow, that is a lot of cereal! Thanks for the tip though, I will head to HT today. You may have even convinced me to start clipping coupons.

Love Being A Nonny said...

May I borrow three boxes of cereal please? :)

Charlie said...

thanks girls! i don't even like frosted mini wheats. my mom used to buy them all the time. i think she still does. now i have 100 boxes in my house. oh well, at least we'll save on dog food for the next 3 years.

Simmons said...

We are so happy to hear about new baby Sasser. I pray that you will be blessed with good health, energy, and peace over the coming months.

Thank you for letting us know about the cereal at HT. The children all picked out their own box. We were so excited when the receipt showed we saved $60 on our shopping trip!

Anne Smith said...

Yep! Millie got me too. She called and left the detail message on my cell phone and I immediately drove to the store because I was afraid the little $1 off the gogo boxes of mini wheats would all be taken when I arrived if I didn't go THEN. I am the proud owner of 8 boxes, 1 $10 coupon (that dog) and 3 happy gallons of organic milk. Love, MayMay