Saturday, December 13, 2008

Unbelievable!


Here is Anna all ready for bed but moments before this picture was taken we had an unbelievable experience at Jason's Deli. One of those moments that leaves you speechless and one of those moments that you are so thankful someone else was there to witness what really took place. As I left the restaurant all I could say was, "wow." Let me set the stage, in case you have never been to Jason's Deli. It is a snug fit, the tables are very close together and customers are constantly getting up and down as there is a salad bar, "free" ice cream, muffins, etc. Needless to say it is one of those restaurants where you become friends with the people sitting next to you as you are practically sitting at their table and could easily join in on their conversation. It is a terrible restaurant for me to go to if my husband wants my attention as I can easily be distracted by others in hearing shot. We had several admirers of Anna and several people had stopped to speak to us. We had finished our meal and even had our "free" ice cream. We were packing up leftovers and wiping sticky hands when one of these admirers stooped down to greet Anna. In his hand was an uneaten ice cream cone. He was an older gentleman, very friendly, however, he only spoke to Anna and did not acknowledge Kevin nor me. The conversation went somewhat like this (it is all a bit fuzzy because I was so taken back by what transpired)....

Stranger: "Hey...I bet you would like some of this (putting the cone in front of Anna)."

Me: "Yes, she has already had some and enjoyed it."

Stranger: (Still only looking at Anna) "I haven't even had a lick (shoving the cone in Anna's face and encouraging her to take a bite), you can have some."

Yes, he then placed the cone in Anna's mouth and of course she took a bite.

Stranger: "You love it, here have more."

Again, Anna taking a second bite.

Me: "Thank you but she has had plenty."

Wow, and I thought strangers coming up and holding your babies small hand was a bit much but sharing your ice cream cone with a complete stranger. Again, wow!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Atkinson said...

i am still thinking "what??"" you restrained yourself well..i am proud!

Love Being A Nonny said...

You. Are. Kidding. Me.

Those Kenglas said...

um, I thought this was going to be a fun story... like she said a full sentence (example: "I cannot wait to see Uncle Carlos and Aunt Mary Beth next week mom and dad"). What the heck?! I think that story just gave me a panic attack...

Nan said...

He did what????

melanie said...

What if she had been lactose intolerant like alot of other kids we know?!?! Hello...I would have been a little less nice to that guy than you were!

Sarah said...

Yikes...that takes guts. Maybe he doesn't have kids? I think I would flip out! We missed that by just a few minutes..that is crazy!

Jenny said...

what a weirdo! some people are so strange.

what a beautiful little girl you have! i think anna gets more pretty with every picture. looking forward to seeing you in greensboro soon!