Friday, May 2, 2008

A year ago today...

was two weeks before my due date. It was a Wednesday. I worked in the morning and met some friends in the afternoon for one of my favorite treats, waffle cone Wednesday at TCBY! Would this be my last visit without baby in tow? No, it would not. Kevin and I met my parents at Longhorn for dinner and we all ventured back to TCBY for everyone's first treat of the day, except for me. Remember I was eating for two! This would be my last visit to TCBY before the arrival of Baby Sasser. You see May 2, 2007 we did not know if we would be welcoming a little boy or girl into our family. Little did we know that we would soon be meeting the one who had been living inside me for almost 9 months.

When I closed my eyes a year ago tonight I had no idea that when I would wake the next morning how much our life would change and the incredible package of joy that would be delivered in just a few short hours.

Anna Catherine Sasser we can't wait to celebrate with you tomorrow. It is hard for mommy and daddy to believe a whole year has passed. Some of the longest days and nights have filled this year but the year itself has flown by, packed with many firsts and many incredible memories. You have blessed our lives. We are so thankful God chose us to be your parents. We love you! Happy Birthday Eve!

3 comments:

millie smith said...

fun post...crazy that "she" was a surprise just one short year ago! excited to celebrate tomorrow!

Love Being A Nonny said...

Amazing what changes can take place in a year. Can't wait to see the birthday post.

Nan said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl! Enjoy your cake! The icing is the best!!!! Kevin and Amy, watch out for colored poop after the cake:)