Monday, February 14, 2011

Dancing in the Minefields...

This morning these decorations greeted me in our kitchen. I had a full weekend with lots of fun events that kept me away from our house a good bit and Kevin at home solo with Anna and Aiden. Of course he took full advantage of his time with the children and graciously allowed me to play. He and Anna spent some time making these hearts, even hearts of garland were streamed from our light fixture. Anna even cut out her own hearts. And then there were Valentine cards for both Anna and myself. Such a fun way to restart our morning after it had originally started by being abruptly woken because clothes and sheets were wet and needed changing.
Kevin being intentional during his one-on-one time with Anna and Aiden is just one of the many reasons I love him. Below is one of the Christmas crafts he worked on during the weekends leading up to Christmas with the children. LOVE them. The Christmas trees are made-up of both Anna and Aiden's hands. Anna sat with her daddy as they both worked hard to complete them.
I came across this song on a friend's blog. It spoke to my heart and mirrors much of our journey. We have been in the minefields and in the storms. But with God's grace I think we are learning to dance and sail in those places. Without a doubt it was harder than we both dreamed but I don't think either of us would change where He has brought us because we know the last lines of this song to be true.

"Cause he promised not to leave us
And his promises are true
So in the face of all the chaos, baby,
I can dance with you."

Wouldn't want to be dancing with anyone else. Happy Valentine's Day Kevin.

3 comments:

millie smith said...

one of my favorite songs right now...

Love Being A Nonny said...

Precious husband and daddy....and aren't we glad HIS promises are true??!!! (Honored that you used this on your post!)

Those Kenglas said...

one of our favorite songs too! It gets played at least once or twice every other day!! :)