Monday, April 12, 2010

Not to be out done!

At the beginning of March we were at my parents' house skyping with Mary Beth and Elliot. Anna was so impressed with her cousins ability to sit up all by himself as was I. I told Elliot that he would have to show Aiden all his tricks when they came for a visit just a few short weeks later as Aiden was showing little interest in sitting up. Much to our surprise, by the time the Kenglas arrived, Aiden was sitting on his own as if he had been doing it for weeks! One of the hardest things for me as a mom of two is not having the individual time I had with Anna to spend with sweet Aiden. I often feel as if he lives in the carseat or stroller or he is placed in his exersaucer or on his playmate as I tend to Anna's needs and running a household. However, life for Aiden is surely more lively and entertaining with an older sister who loves to play with him, show him new things and is definitely his biggest cheerleader. There are trade-offs for being the second child but I am pretty sure with all the smiles we get from this little one he wouldn't trade it for the world! We surely wouldn't and we know Anna wouldn't!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: